Pages

Monday 14 October 2013

The best day of my holiday


This morning we had 40 minutes to write anything we wanted. From this we are going to set some writing goals for the Term Here is what I wrote



On the holidays October 10th Thursday it was my Birthday. I woke up in the morning i walked into the bathroom to wash my face forgetting that it was my birthday, suddenly from out of no where my cousins yells ‘happy birthday Tana ‘.

I was so excited. My cousins took me to paint ball, my brother bought me a Rabbitohs jersey,my Uncle gave me money and my favourite, my Parents bought a massive feed. After all they sang the birthday song for me and we ate all together after. It was one of the best day of my life



The things that I like about my writing is that I'm using speech marks and my sentences making sense.

My goal for my writing is having interesting vocabs and showing not tell.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Tana,
I am happy that you have identified areas of your writing that you would like to improve on. One tip, that you may have not of thought of is to read. Reading can improve your writing. Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

Hello Tana. My name is Danya Croft and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile. I came across your blog because I am in a class that is teaching me how to use blogging in the classroom. I am in school training to become a High School Biology instructor and I think technology in the classroom is very important. I think it is cool that you are doing this in the 7th grade. I think you did a really good job on your post. You described your best day and I have got to say that it sounded like a really great one. I used to enjoy birthdays too until the number started getting a little bit too big. I am now 35 and have a son in 8th grade and another son in 6th grade. I think it is really important for you to keep striving to better your writing no matter how old you are. The more you work on it, the better you will get. If you want to start incorporating a broader range of vocabulary, you might want to look into getting a thesaurus. They are extremely helpful when trying to use a diverse vocabulary. Another helpful tip that I use when writing is that I proofread everything that I write. I want to make sure I have capitalized what needs to be and used proper punctuation. I feel proud of my work when I know everything is how it should be. You should try it too. Although, don't think me ignorant if you see a word that isn't spelled as you are used to. I have noticed that we spell words a little differently. However, that is one of my favourite (we spell it favorite) parts about reading blogs from across the world. I get to see the variations. If you ever want to check out my blog, you can visit it at croftdanyaedm310.blogspot.com. I send you best wishes with all that you do.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.